Roof coatings for low-slope or flat roofs are economical answers to challenging, budget-busting questions. Properly applied roof coatings can extend the life of an aging roof, prevent water leaks, and help you schedule full roof replacement on your schedule, not the roof’s.
Your Roof System
Your commercial property’s roof is the ultimate shield protecting your business. Your entire business is saved from water leaks, high humidity, mold and mildew by your complete roof system.
Your roof system can be saved with roof coatings either sprayed on or applied with rollers, usually from five-gallon buckets of a high-quality product like Duro-ShieldⓇ Silicone Roof Coating.
Let’s dispel the first myth about roof coatings: they are not just paint slopped onto your roof. Roof coatings are usually formulated from four materials:
Depending on the product, the coating can be sprayed or rolled onto your roof. Duro-ShieldⓇ Silicone Roof Coating is a superior product and can be applied to many roofing materials:
- Single-ply membranes such as aged Duro-LastⓇ PVC (polyvinyl chloride), EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer), and TPO (thermoplastic polyolefin)
- Spray-applied polyurethane foam
- Mineral and granule-surface built-up (BUR) and modified bitumen
- Smooth-surfaced built-up (BUR) and modified bitumen
- Aged galvanized metal
The advantages of roof coatings applied by your local commercial roofer are many, but among the most important:
- The coating’s heavy volume and consistency help seal up even the smallest holes
- Roof coatings add reflectivity to any commercial roof, increasing your building’s energy efficiency
- Any roof becomes a “seamless” roof thanks to the roof coating’s infilling
- Increased UV ray and weather resistance
- Increased tolerance for thermal expansion and contraction
Having your existing roof protected with a roof coating is a big advantage for you over your competition. You can delay the expense of a new roof for several years with a single application of a high-performance product like Duro-ShieldⓇ Silicone Roof Coating.
All you need to do is request the protective coating from your commercial roofer. Your roofer will schedule the work, clean your roof, prepare the surface, and apply the rolled-on or sprayed coating, all for a fraction of the cost of a new roof. Please contact us today at Damschroder Roofing Inc. in Fremont, Ohio. We know it’s your roof, we know you care about preserving and extending its life, and we are here to help. Your roof. Our reputation.